Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Two and a half

I recently celebrated a big birthday, and I think I am getting sentimental in my old age... :) Therefore, I wanted to write this blog to celebrate my marriage with Drew. Almost two and a half years ago (at the end of this month), I married my best friend, Drew. 
DSC_5106
One of our engagement pictures (in our alma mater's colors, of course!)
We met at college and became fast friends through many shared interests, involvement in one of our campus' college ministries, and most importantly, because of God's perfect plan for our lives to come together. After dating for 2 years, Drew proposed to me on New Year's Eve at the top of a mountain in Hot Springs, Arkansas. It was perfect, and of course, I said "yes!!"

Right before Drew proposed on the mountain top!
We were married in the small church where Drew worked as a youth minister and we had a wonderful time with our immediate family and close friends in our small ceremony.
On our wedding day!





Now, almost 2 and a half years later, we find ourselves in Madagascar where God has called us to be community developers.  It has been a whirlwind 2 years with every emotion possible, but ultimately, it has been fun and rewarding to be on this journey with my best friend.  We have learned a lot, grown closer, and been amazed at how God continues to work in and through our lives.  I am so thankful that God gave me a great husband and partner for this journey in life, and I cannot wait to see where the next 80 years take us! 
On the beach near our town in Madagascar
 

2 comments:

Please leave me a comment!