Sunday, October 7, 2012

Easy Display Board

I have been trying to figure out an inexpensive way to decorate the blank wall behind my sewing area in our living room.  It is was plain white and pretty drab-looking.

See for yourself:


So, I was reading one of my favorite craft blogs (check it out here: www.makeit-loveit.com) and she had the cutest tutorial for something called a "Project Display Board."  It only requires wood/cardboard/thick paper, any kind of material/paper/tissue/pictures, some glue and clothespins! I have all of those things here in my house in Madagascar, so I decided to try it out!

Here is her lovely tutorial: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/12/project-display-board.html

And here is my finished product! 

It is SO simple, and SO quick to make! I used regular-sized clothespins (her tutorial uses large clothespins) on which I glued purple and pink tissue paper (which I received in a care package for my birthday recently!).  I used fabric from the local market here that was leftover from a quilt back I recently made for a birthday present.  And, I cut up the boards (well, not really...the hubbie helped me cut the boards...I think he enjoyed using his knife for this!) from an old cardboard box that we had in our house.  So, the total cost of this project was $0! (The hubbie was especially excited about this!)

I currently have pinned some birthday cards and a few pictures to these display boards, but I know that I will find more things/papers to rotate onto the board.  I'm also super excited that I have some color on that wall...and not just hospital-room white everywhere! 

Here are some close-ups of the finished product: 



As always, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. very nice! how did you hang them on the wall? I like the color and idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I used 3M command velcro picture hanging strips. They work really well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment!