Monday, October 8, 2012

Old Cardigan -> New Headband!

Let me just start off by admitting that I have a problem....and it is that I am obsessed with headbands! All types, kinds, styles, and patterns...I love headbands! I especially love headbands with cute flowers on them and I strongly believe these are not just for babies and little girls. :)  (I will probably still be wearing headbands when I'm 95 years old and have no hair...that could be a good look, right? ;) ) 

So, I was once again reading my favorite blog (www.makeit-loveit.com) and came across a no-sew headband tutorial.  Check it out here: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/06/repurposing-tshirts-into-5-strand-braided-headbands.html

Since my sewing machine is currently in-operable (I am waiting on a plug transformer that is only available in the major cities in Madagascar...not in my little town), I have been dying to make something that doesn't require machine sewing.  And this little headband project is the perfect thing for me to do!

Follow the simple instructions from the website above, and you'll make this little headband in no time (it took me about an hour, and I even re-did it once because I wanted the weave to be tighter). I used old gray cardigan that shrunk and deformed weirdly when I washed it (plus, it's way too hot here to wear anything with any type of sleeves) and made a new headband!

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. So cute! I just cleaned out my closet and saved a few old sweaters that don't fit anymore - hoping to turn them into pillows but I may have to use a few scraps to make some headbands!
    www.texaslovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethe, thanks so much for your comment! I don't know why I can't see it on here, but I got the email of your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment!