Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fun & Fast Craft Project

I am in a crafty mood today and have limited craft supplies here in Madagascar (and today is Sunday, so all of the stores in town that may have had some supplies are closed) so I had to get a little creative. I have been storing all my pens/pencils/highlighters/markers in old tin cans, and so I decided to make them look a little better!

Here is the finished product: decorated pen/pencil holders! :)

You will need: 
Tissue paper (I used pretty purple flower tissue paper that I received in care package!)
Tin cans (I used old tomato paste cans, cleaned and dried)
Glue
Scissors 

Simple instructions:
1.  Cut tissue paper to fit the circumference of the tin cans
2.  Apply glue generously to the outside circumference of the tin cans
3.  Roll each tin can (with glue on it) on cut, & measured tissue paper
4.  Glue excess tissue paper to the bottom of each tin can and on the top, inside of each can

Happy crafting!


1 comment:

  1. How pretty, Christina!! So much nicer than a tomato paste can and you can change them as you feel inspired!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment!