Saturday, March 23, 2013

Great Family Devotional Book

 

Drew and I have begun to use a new book for our morning devotional time and it has been a really good way for us to begin each day together, seeking after God.  The name of the devotional book is Common Prayer: A Liturgy For Ordinary Radicals.  Shane Claiborne is one of the authors of this book, and that made me initially drawn to the book, because I loved his other book called The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical.

This devotional book is really good for us because it has daily readings that include prayers, Scriptures, songs to sing, as well as inspirational stories and quotations from Christian heroes of the faithWe also found evening devotionals in this book and we are going to try to start having an intentional time for prayer and devotion each evening, too.  So far, the structure of this devotional book has really helped Drew and I to consistently worship God together as a family and for that I am very thankful.  If you or your family is looking for a way to connect spiritually each day, I would highly recommend this book as it is quite easy to follow the daily readings and all you have to do is turn to the day's date and everything you need for the devotion is encompassed within that daily section. 

Do you have a favorite devotional book or method that you use personally or with your family? I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!