Thursday, December 20, 2012

Old Dress --> New Skirt!

Today's easy sewing project only took 20 minutes! If I can do this, than you can, too!

I started with a dress that was too long and hot to wear during the intense heat of our summer here in Madagascar.

 I then chopped off the top of the dress, sewed a new waistband, added elastic in the waistband, and sewed it closed.  Then, 20 minutes later, I have a mid-calf length skirt that is much cooler for me in this hot weather.  I like it a lot! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love the update to the dress! I'm a big fan of "fixing" clothes that just aren't right and turning them into one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bethe! I love doing that, too! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment!