Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Today I tried out a new recipe: chocolate fudge brownies! (I have been craving chocolate lately, so this sounded perfect!) This was only possible for me here in Madagascar thanks to my awesome mother-in-law, Laura, for sending me a care package that included COCOA POWDER!!!! I literally was dancing around the house when I opened up this care package! :)

 Oh, and also, I wanted to introduce y'all to my best friend in the kitchen....
He doesn't say much, but he is awesome at keeping me cool in my hot kitchen in the hot weather here in SW Madagascar! I'm so thankful for my fan!

Now, on to the mouth-watering, delicious, chocolate fudge brownie recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups margarine
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup cocoa (I'm so excited that I have this now!)

Easy Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (as you know, this is a relative term for me...I just put it on the medium-hottest setting this time and kept a close eye on it while baking)
2. Melt butter and add cocoa; mix. 
3. Stir in sugar and blend in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in flour; mix well. 
4.  Let hubbie taste the chocolate fudge brownie batter (this step is optional but highly recommended for a happy marriage).

5. Bake in greased 9 x 13-inch pan for 30 minutes in preheated oven. (I used a muffin/cupcake tin because I don't have a 9 x 13 inch pan...and I like how they turned out like little chocolate fudge brownie cupcakes!)
6.  Let cool on rack, 20 to 30 minutes. 
7.  Devour!!!  

And, you know me, I also need these chocolate fudge brownies to pass The Hubbie Test:
The verdict this time?
His literal response was: "These are perfect!" (I never hear that about my cooking!!!)
YAY! Success is so sweet :)

3 comments:

  1. Love your editorial comments!! They sound great, too!! And the hubbie test is perfect ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! The editorial comments are my favorite part :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! Rule #4 made me chuckle. You are so nice to share! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment!